Thursday 14 January 2010

The Obligatory First Post


Hello. This is a blog. More specifically this is my blog. Even more specifically, taking specifics as far as it is possible to take them in fact, this is my blog about my life in and around video games.

Computer games have been a part of my life since I was a child, some 30-odd years ago now, and I can vividly recall some of my first gaming experiences. From the hand-held delights of Space Invaders, (a big chunky piece of yellow plastic with a cool turned steel control stick and a big red fire button), and two player pac-man; through the arcades of the '80's, the ZX Spectrum, the SNES, Playstation, PS2 and the PC, right up to my console of choice in today's next-gen market, the XBOX 360. I'm not a professional gamer, I'm not even a hard-core one. I'm more what you may think of as a keen amateur. I believe the term is a 'casual gamer' although that sounds more like some sort of dress code to me. Still, I'm finding myself playing more and more these days and I thought I'd share my experiences, triumphs and disasters here on the interwebs.

This is a bit of an experiment for me. I've had plenty of general, non-specific blogs in the past and they've always failed, mainly because I'm too bloody lazy to keep them updated, but also because I can never think of what to fill them up with. Hopefully that won't be the case here as the topic is always there at my fingertips.

2009 was a good year for gaming, let's hope 2010 can better it.
Cheers,
Dok

No comments:

Post a Comment